Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shoga Yaki

Jessica here! This blog has been terribly ignored and for that I apologize. I figured since I am now LIVING in Japan, I really should post what I make to feed myself!

I made this the other night, so I will post pictures next time I make it (which will be soon. It was so good!)

(This picture will be replaced with my own next time I make this!)

Shoga Yaki (Ginger (insert your favorite kind of meat here!)

~500g (20 oz?) Meat of your choice! (Pork is most common) (Sliced thin)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup mirin
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
2 Tbsp green onion (finely chopped) {Feel free to use more, though!)
1 tsp fresh ginger- grated
1 tsp oil

*Rice

Mix the soy sauce, mirin, garlic, onions, and ginger in a bowl.
{{*NOTE* I couldn't find cloves or garlic at the super, so I just used powdered. Of course, fresh garlic would be BEST but DO use fresh ginger. This is SHOGA (GINGER) yaki afterall. The ginger is the most important flavor. But it is also VERY STRONG! I used WAY too much the first time I made this. It was still good, but would have been much better with less ginger. A little goes a long way!}}
Pour over meat and marinate for 30-45 mins (Now is a good time to start your rice!!)
Heat oil in a pan. Add meat and brown over high heat. Add the marinade, cover, and cook over medium heat until meat is cooked through (time will vary depending on how thin your meat is cut). Serve with rice!

Serves 2

Enjoy!

1 comment:

nom nom nom!